Studios Group Martial Arts Calgary is a martial arts school that maintains the traditional martial arts values while incorporating advanced and modern martial arts training and teaching methods. Our students achieve their belts in World Taekwondo Federation (WTF) Taekwondo, but we also have training for our martial arts competition team, grappling, self defence courses and weapons. We offer martial arts for kids in Calgary, martial arts for preschoolers as well as adult and family martial arts Taekwondo in Calgary.
All Studios Group Martial Arts classes are conducted in a positive atmosphere that emphasizes confidence, accomplishment and happiness. This provides an incredible experience that can be enjoyed by everyone ages 4 and up, regardless of previous experience.
Our classes are led by one of our World Taekwondo Federation Masters and frequently assisted by other qualified black belt holders to ensure we maintain one of the highest instructor/student ratios in Canada.
Based on traditional Korean martial arts, Taekwondo is modern, constantly evolving and is one of if not the most popular martial arts in the world. Taekwondo is the national sport of South Korea, and required training for the South Korean military. Full contact World Taekwondo Federation Taekwondo, known as Gyeorugi, is an event in the Summer Olympics. If you would like to be an Olympic athlete in the future, training at Studios Group Martial Arts can help make that happen!
Our programs will help your whole family to:
- Feel more confident, strong, happy and independent
- Live a healthier lifestyle and have a winning attitude
- Dramatically improve flexibility, strength, endurance and coordination
- Create stronger bonds and longer lasting friendships
- Lose and learn to manage weight and improve overall fitness while learning new skills
- Help to release stress, learn to be more focused and self disciplined
- Learn effective self-defence
- Live and cultivate a culture of respect and courtesy
- Get better grades in school, are often honour students, and receive scholastic awards and scholarships.
- Are excellent all-round athletes that have won many local, provincial and national awards in other sports such as soccer, football, hockey, lacrosse, boxing and wrestling.
- Move up faster in their careers because they get promoted sooner.
- Gain confidence and self-esteem while learning real, effective martial arts.
We teach Taekwondo in Calgary six days a week in our fully equipped martial arts centre at 259 Midpark Way SE, Calgary, Alberta. We are conveniently located in Midnapore, just off MacLeod Trail South. Calgary Transit route #11 stops nearby and links to the Fish Creek/Lacombe LRT station, which is itself only a 20 minute walk from our facility.
If you are unsure if Taekwondo or Martial Arts is for you then please contact us and discuss it with one of our masters or instructors. We'd be happy to arrange a free, no obligation class for you to evaluate both Taekwondo and Studios Group Martial Arts. We will then be more than happy to offer you our new member’s special that includes a free uniform.
Please browse through the links in the menu for additional information about our classes and instructors.